Monday, March 26, 2012

Poopy Water on my Floor...

Do you ever have "one of those days"?  You know, the kind where you think you really are going to lose your mind?  This was almost one of those - and it made me appreciative that the little details of life (like toilets flushing properly) usually just somehow work out.  Lucky for me the past week or two has only been getting better :)

I'm not going to go into details on this one, just suffice it to say the toilet and what was in it didn't agree.


It was quite a violent disagreement, and then the back of the toilet decided to come apart so that the water kept coming...and coming... and coming...

And yes, the poopy water overflowed until it was more than a 1/4 inch deep on my bathroom floor - the upstairs bathroom that could run into the carpet and down the stairs and...don't even want to think about it....

Luckily, we had towels (too bad a lot of them were the nice ones from our wedding - we've since stocked up on raggedy towels in case another such occurrence takes place in our home) nearby that I frantically grabbed and blocked the door - raising the water level in the bathroom quite a bit but successfully blocking the carpet from the wave of destruction.  Then I had to jump into the mess in order to block the air vent from turning into a waterfall... and THEN finally getting the toilet to stop gushing... oh dear, so much for not going into details.


I could only handle so much mayhem, so I got the toilet back on track and sopped the water up - and left the disinfecting for my superman husband to do - which he did happily for his distraught pregnant wife.  Seriously, is there a better way to say "I love you" than to say "Sit down, Honey, I'll clean up the rest of the poopy mess" ??  Definitely have the best husband ever.



And now our house is disinfected, clean, and running according to the normal laws of household appliances.  Thank goodness!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is true love right there. I'm glad your house is back in working order - and that you didn't lose your mind! After last week I just might have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, life. Why does waste product have to be a part of it? About the time Anson painted his bedroom and crib in poop in England I realized I need to come to grips with the yucky side of mortality. Still working on that one. Props to you for holding it together while preggie! Good job Dustin, you are a considerate man :)

    ReplyDelete