Sunday, May 31, 2015

Capturing a Moment

This isn't a long post, but I wanted to include our annual family pictures on this blog. We met up with a few old friends this past week, people we haven't sat and talked to for years, and it made me realize how quickly my life is passing into memory. We haven't yet been married five years, but when we started talking about all that's happened--I've kept TWO kids alive for years now, and my babies are 3 years and 1 years old--I once again felt that crazy-passionate compulsion to grab a moment in time and tug it out of the procession and just hold that instant, that smile, this hug, those tears, that discovery, and be able to experience it as it existed in that moment before it fades away into vivid but unreachable memory. 

And so we have family pictures--definitely not fulfilling that driving desire, but at least capturing my growing girls and their intense and limitless possibility and passion. 

They are adorable, even if Sara's face has tear-streaks, snot, and saliva in most of her pictures :)















4 comments:

  1. Hah, the laughing Rosie and pouting Sarah is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful family! I can't believe how big Rosie is...I love your family. hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. STOP BEING SO ADORABLE! I can't even Believe your cute family! You all look great! (Good choice on the colors! Dustin I know you had something to do with that!)

    ReplyDelete