Thursday, May 17, 2012

Home Furnishings: Part 1

 Here's a fun photo montage of home improvement projects we have been working on lately.   A follow-up post will have to cover our garden, living room, and nursery.

 

 My mother is the mastermind behind a beautiful quilt for our new baby - and I tried my hand a bit at sewing the parts that I couldn't mess up too badly - or at least that Mom could do easy damage control on.  It's so cute! (not that you can tell from my face - you've gotta concentrate to sew, people!)

 

The fact that baby's quilt is going to be done at all is a feat to be proud of.  I have been working on this quilt for a few years now and have only just gotten it to the point that you can almost see what it will look like - blue and more yellow squares to follow!


 This little project makes me smile every time I look at it.  First trimester landed smack dab in the middle of canning season.  Tip - don't can peaches or tomatoes when you are pregnant.  Applesauce and pears are okay--but the others will make you puke.  But, with some work, we've got our little supply of canned fruit with some surrounding random food storage supplies.  I am waaaaay too proud of this little domestic act!

 


My awesome older sister Emily documented these beginning stages of our largest nursery project.  My incredible Aunt Teresa donated her beautiful crib and gliding rocker for our baby's room.  The crib is perfect, but the chair needed a little fixing up.  This is us in Dad's workshop cleaning and sanding down the wooden frame.  We got a lot of saw dust on us everywhere--which explains the funny clothes: didn't want to get our work/school clothes all sawdust-y.

Really, slow going work.  Good thing Dustin keeps us on a tight schedule and actually thinks finished products are possible in this life.  Can't wait to show you the other stuff we've done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment