Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Who woulda Thunk...?

   I indulged and read all 7 Harry Potters over the summer during Rosie's nap-time when I was supposed to be doing laundry and grad school prep instead :)  SO AMAZING.  Really, Rowling has created something to be proud of.  I found myself tearing up near the close of the 7th--she did great, and the movies don't do it justice at all.  Even though the are only YA fiction, they've had an influence on my life, and I will always love them.

 AND...I guess subconsciously they've had a bigger impact than I suspected.  As I was reading through the very end (I haven't read the 7th book since it came out--and that was in less than 24 hours--and it was like reading a whole new book; I'd forgotten so much!) I couldn't believe my eyes!  Ron and Hermione's first child is a girl...and they name her Rosie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To be perfectly correct, they name her Rose (just like if I was perfectly correct, we named our daughter Rosalee) but we both all our daughters ROSIE!  Laugh if you must, but I was delighted and promptly told everyone I met that wee that my daughter was named after Harry Potter--who knew, huh?!?!?!

  So yes, Rowling, you've changed my life :)  Gotta love it.

3 comments:

  1. Amen! I love Harry Potter and, like you said, it really has had an impact on my life. I think about it all the time.
    The world Rowling created is complex and beautiful, one where family is the most important thing and love conquers all. It parallels our own world in ways that young readers certainly don't understand .... which is the best part.
    Hurrah for HP. I want to read them all again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I cried at the end of the 7th book. Like a baby. It was only the second time a book had made me cry - in my entire life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm in the same situation with the 7th book. I read it so fast right when it came out, that I can't remember what happened. I haven't seen the last 2 movies and don't want to until I reread the 7th book. The problem is that they are so engaging that all I want to do is read Harry Potter! I do have a life to live besides one wrapped in magic. Sad.

    ReplyDelete