Sunday, July 17, 2011

Getting to England: Chicago

It's a mistake to stay up until 1:00 when you have to be at the airport the next morning at 6:00. But when it is your last summer night to play Nertz with the family, sacrifices must bee made. Miracle of miracles, Dustin and I still woke up and were on our way a little after 5:00am (Thank you to Mom F, Lanae, and Trevor).
We've decided to really milk this trip for all it is worth (and tickets with long layovers are much cheaper) so we spent the afternoon in the windy city of Chicago :)

Chicago is unlike any U.S. city I've ever been to. The sky scrapers are huge but everything else makes you feel as if you've stepped into the 1800's. The lamp posts and canals and old buildings give the city a really unique feel. We loved it!
After visiting the Willis tower (formerly known as the Sears tower) we searched for the most authentic-looking pizza place in Chicago - and I think we found it!! The pizza was TO DIE FOR! And, surprisingly, much less greasy than normal Utah pizza. Definitely a must-eat for anyone traveling to Illinois.


We explored a bit more around the city, then grabbed the subway back to the airport to get on our way.

See you on the other side of the ocean!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just love you guys. So much. I am going to be commenting on every single post unless I restrain myself.
    (I went to Chicago once and YES, best pizza in the world, possibly including Italy.)

    ReplyDelete